Tuesday Night Trails Returns!
The long, cold, dark winter Tuesdays without hope or the sense of adventure we crave are over. Beginning next Tuesday, March 11th at 6 pm (sign in at 5:30), Alabama Outdoors begins our third season of group trail runs at Red Mountain Park on Tuesday evenings.
Do you long to feel the good earth under your feet and stop to take in beautiful views (this picture is from an overlook at Red Mountain Park) before finishing up with an exhilarating rush down the fire road to the trail head? Tuesday Night Trails.
Are you excited about running through the forest, past old mining ruins, under the zip lines and rope course, joining with nature as you move swiftly and silently (or you can move slowly with laughter and joy)? Tuesday Night Trails.
Do you want to train for one of the amazing trail races available here in Birmingham? Or maybe an ultra somewhere else? Do you want to check out FKT (fastest known time) training? Tuesday Night Trails.
Tuesday Night Trails with Alabama Outdoors gives you the opportunity to either push your boundaries into new running frontiers or relax with your old friend Mr. Trail. And all with a group of runners who sincerely enjoy “the run.”
If you’re a little hesitant because you’re new to trail running remember this:
- It’s FREE!
- We have several groups that vary by either distance, pace or both
- Every group has a leader to take you through the run and a “sweep” to make sure no one is left behind for the lions, tigers, bears or boogeymen to get
- Runners sign in and out from the trail so that we know if we need to come find you (it’s only happened once that I know of last year)
- It’s FREE!
- We enjoy post run camaraderie at a little place across the street that has great wings and refreshing beverages
- It’s TNT (Tuesday Night Trails) – what a blast! And it’s FREE!
Sign in starts at 5:30 pm, runs start at 6 pm (sort of ish), fun is all evening long! Come join us. See you Tuesday Nights!