Alabama Outdoors Gear Swap
Give a piece, take a piece.
This Earth Day, Alabama Outdoors wants to encourage you to share your lightly used gear and find other lightly used gear you can use to help reduce waste and breathe new life into well-loved gear.
How it works: Come see us at the Celebrate Trails Day/Earth Day celebration at the Farmers Market at Pepper Place on Saturday April 22 from 8am-12pm.
We will have a tent dedicated to our rental gear program and our give a piece, take a piece gear swap where you can bring your lightly used gear and swap it out for other donated gear. To ensure everyone gets a chance at finding something they’d like to exchange, Alabama Outdoors has included some used gear pieces that will be available at the tent at the start of the event, so feel free to come by early. Any one piece of gear you donate can be exchanged for one complete piece of gear of like-value, so long as the donated gear is still in usable condition.
Please ensure anything you bring meets the following conditions.
- Lightly used and still intact and functional
- No significant or impossible to repair tears, broken parts, missing or worn-out components
- No climbing gear or any other type of safety gear
- No dirty, moldy, or otherwise unclean gear
- No footwear
Please bring camping, backpacking, and other general-use outdoor gear that you would otherwise donate. Suggestions include:
- Sleeping pads
- Camping hammocks
- Duffels or travel cubes
- Trekking poles
- Sleeping bags, backpacking pillows
- Camp chairs or tables
- Hiking stoves, utensils, and other cookware
- Camping accessories
- Headlamps and other lighting
- Insulated bottles or hydration packs
- Disc golf
For full information and details about the event please click here.