Currently we do not have any openings available.
Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Are you detail oriented? Are you energized by serving customers? Are you equally engaged working solo and working with a team? We may have your dream job!
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for the execution of daily store operations, with a focus on new product and inventory accuracy, while assisting the Store Manager in creating a friendly store environment focused on Service, Quality, and Expertise.
Honest, dynamic, friendly, outgoing, positive, attentive to detail, ability to multi task, problem solver, excellent interpersonal skills, team leader and team player.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Store Manager in overseeing staff productivity to ensure excellent customer interactions
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining Alabama Outdoors visual and merchandising standards, and in coordinating floor setups for all promotional and seasonal sales
- Achieve excellence and efficiency in all store operations
- Process new merchandise as it arrives in store, tag and stage new shipments, ship product between stores, and organize back stock merchandise and supplies
- Work with the appropriate parties to sort out any receiving or product issues
- Passion for the Outdoors combined with substantial professional or personal experience in outdoor adventures/hobbies
- Experience in retail / customer service and/or warehouse receiving preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills
- Proficient in computer and business-related software (Word, Excel, POS, etc)
- Ability to push / pull 10-50 pounds when moving boxes and can involve lifting these just below shoulder level
- Strong connection to and intent to work in adherence to our Core Values
- Must be available to work business hours during the week
Our Core Values:
- Honesty: We will always tell the truth and our actions will demonstrate this honesty.
- Team Work: We will work together as a team in everything we do.
- Personal Growth: We will work to enhance the individual growth of our team members.
- Positive Interactions: We will only have win-win conversations with each other and about other team members.
- Innovation: We will always look for opportunities and implement solutions for improvement of ourselves, our team-members, our communities and our organization.
- Value: We will work to create value while eliminating unnecessary or invaluable processes or expenses
- Community: We will prioritize opportunities to invest our resources in our local communities through organizations that promote access, usage, and conservation.
- Profitability: We will celebrate profit as it allows us to give, grow and provide a return to those that have risked on our behalf.
Please send a cover letter stating why you think you would make a great assistant manager at Alabama Outdoors, along with your resume. Please include your related outdoor experience.
Send cover letter and resume to:
We will respond to all qualified applicants.
Thank you for your interest!