Land Aid Giveaway: Official Rules
Land Aid Giveaway
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter on Alabama Outdoors’ Official Instagram page [@alabamaoutdoorsofficial; https://www.instagram.com/alabamaoutdoorsofficial/] and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Alabama, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Alabama Outdoors, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Alabama Outdoors as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted on our Instagram page starting on September 6th, 2018 at 5:00 PM CST and ending September 10th, 5:00 PM CST. All Instagram entries must be received by September 10th, 5:00 PM CST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by: 1.) Following Alabama Outdoors on Instagram at @alabamaoutdoorsofficial; 2.) Following Freshwater Land Trust on Instagram at @freshwaterlandtrust; and 3.) Mentioning a friend in the comments of the contest announcement post on Alabama Outdoors’ Instagram timeline. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Alabama Outdoors. All mentions and tags must appear in the comments only. Tags on the photo itself are prohibited and will be removed. Tagging the photo will render You ineligible for the prize. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Alabama Outdoors.
- Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive 2 tickets to the 10th Annual Land Aid with an approximate retail value of $20.00. Two winners will be chosen; each winner with receive 2 tickets. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by Alabama Outdoors. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Alabama Outdoors’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Alabama Outdoors to use Winner’s Instagram username and/or name (first name and first letter of last name), likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Alabama Outdoors. Winner will be notified by a direct message on Instagram before 12:00 PM CST on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018. Winner must respond by 12:00 PM CST on Wednesday, September 12th, 2018; if winner does not respond, another winner will be selected by a random drawing and notified by a direct message on Instagram. Alabama Outdoors shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ALABAMA OUTDOORS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Terms & Conditions: Alabama Outdoors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Alabama Outdoors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Alabama Outdoors may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Alabama Outdoors. Alabama Outdoors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Alabama Outdoors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Alabama Outdoors reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Alabama Outdoors and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ALABAMA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Alabama having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Alabama Outdoors, 729 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203. Requests must be received no later than September 30th at 12:00 AM CST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Alabama Outdoors, 729 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203.
- Social Media: The Campaign hosted by Alabama Outdoors is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, or any other social media company.