Category Buyer Opening
Currently we have an opening available for a Category Buyer position.
The Category Buyer is responsible (directly or through procedure development and oversight) for the planning, selection, quantity, timing, mark-downs/promotions and sell-through of all products sold in the physical or ecommerce channels.
An individual will succeed in our organization with a positive and professional attitude, a focus on accomplishment, a willingness to share new ideas, and a concern for doing the right thing for the customer. You should also have a strong desire to grow an organization and be a central figure in that growth.
Expectations and Objectives:
- Understand our customer (both current and prospective) and allow this knowledge, along with experience, to guide product, price, promotion and visual merchandise strategies.
- Leading-edge knowledge of product trends and the “next big thing” as it related to men’s and women’s casual and business casual apparel, footwear and lifestyle accessories.
- Establish with CEO and Department Head, specific budget seasons – start, end and promotional dates.
- Establish with CEO and Department Head, open-to-buy budget for in-season purchases, by category.
- Achieve overall in-season sell-through rates, by category as agreed upon.
- Communication with Marketing and Operations team about all promotional events. Work with Marketing team to properly and effectively plan for all promotional communication; work with Operations team to execute in-store or web promotions.
- Work closely with the Visual Team to plan and maintain standards for visual merchandising.
We are a growing specialty retailer with seven retail stores and an ecommerce site. Our organization has grown through a simple focus on the customer and providing them the best in functional and fashionable apparel and footwear, while being the best at outfitting customers for their outdoor adventures. Our team has proven the ability to accomplish the goals we set.
For consideration, please forward your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please share both your greatest success as a merchant and your biggest failure. Please indicated what you learned from each. Only submissions with a cover letter and requested information will be considered.